Wednesday, May 25, 2011

That's so Gray.

So due to a miscommunication, we will not be tiling this week.  But, since we took off for the specific purpose of working on the house...we have decided to start primering the walls.  The cool part about that is that the primer we have is tinted to the color we will be ultimately painting the walls (Color: Gull by Valspar I believe but don't quote me on that. Sherwin Williams color matched a paint chip I brought in), so its basically the color we want.  We started on the kitchen/living/dining room on the upstairs.  Took us most of the day to not even finish that portion. Frankly, that fresh drywall soaks up paint like a drunk in a wine barrel (had to reuse that gem, Rach).  So it took a while...

When we first started painting, I was really, really worried that it was too dark.  I chose a gray color for the main portion of the house, upstairs and down.  An error in choice here would have been disastrous.  Fear not.  It rolled on fairly dark, then (here comes the real worry part) got DARKER as it sat a bit, then to my utter relief lightened to the perfect color as it dried.  Whew. Sigh of relief.

Here are a few pics of our adventures yesterday.

The real worry point was the edging portion.  See how much darker the ceiling and corner portions look?  As Casey rolls it on, you can see that its rolling on lighter than the edges, which have soaked in a bit and haven't started to dry yet in the pic.

Here you can see that it dries lighter.  The darker portions are still wet.  I love the color.

And here is one I took closer to the end of the day.  The light in the room isn't ideal for taking pictures (it would probably be fine if I could figure out how to use my camera properly) so it looks darker in the room in the picture than it does in real life.  Trust me. It does not feel dark in that room, which was a worry with choosing gray paint!

So the hubs had to go back to work today, and I'm commandeering the help of my mom and sister-in-law.

In other news, I have ordered the concrete stain and I must say I'm very pleased with the place I ordered it from.  Turns out I didn't select the cheapest shipping method like I thought I had.  This is a product you can't get in my area.  So the store called me and asked if I minded to change my shipping method to the cheaper option because it would only add a day or so and would be about $100 cheaper...how did I miss that price difference, I don't know.  So thanks to the Natural Abode for saving me some money.

I also ordered a sample of Waterlox so we can start choosing the stain for the hardwood floors.  Looking forward to that too!

Anyway, I'm going to go get ready to start painting again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews