Sunday, May 29, 2011

Modest Exploration of the Color Wheel

We are almost finished with gray...almost, one room to go.  But we needed to move on and get paint on all the areas that we will be tiling just in case we don't finish. Have to make sure those areas get done so we don't get any on the tile.

Anyway, we've moved on to other colors, Hot Springs and Beach House to be specific (Valspar color names I believe, but color matched again at Sherwin-Williams).  First I'm going to put up some pictures of the other gray areas I haven't shown you yet. Then I'll move on to the new colors and explain them.

Here are the columns painted gray.

Here's the area over the kitchen.

Fireplace

Coming into the hallway from the garage

Hallway looking out of Bedroom #2 (aka the nursery) into the garage.

Upstairs bathroom, looking in.

Upstairs bathroom, looking out

 The columns again

Going down to the basement

Looking back up from the basement

Turning the corner at the stairs in the basement

The mini-hallway across from the stairs, looking into Bed #3

The family room in the basement, just trimmed in color

The future bar area, also just trimmed

1/3 done with that wall of the basement

And it's done...just has to dry now.

Looking at the stair landing in the basement

And that wall is now 3/3 done :)

OK that's about all the gray excitement I have for now. So on to the post's namesake, other colors.

HOT SPRINGS!
I promise, it's not gray. It's actually greenish gray, he he he.  So I'm into gray, so what? It's my house and I'll paint it whatever I want.  (Notice I say whatever I want, not we want.  That's because Casey has officially agreed that I get to make all the decorating decisions and he won't say anything as long as I get no input on whatever truck he wants to buy in the future.  With that being said, I'm going to have some kick a$$ schoolhouse pendant lights over my island now that he originally had vetoed...they're back in baby. But I digress.) Plus it's really not that gray looking in person.

Master bath, vanity area freshly painted

Another view of the vanity area, also a view of the toilet room.  We ran out of paint and had to get more, hence the half done wall.

Another vanity area view

Master closet, our first dry shot. Lighter here obviously because the light is better from the window, but it is lighter once it's dry too.

Another view of the master closet.

Same angle, just without the window in there to mess with the camera's interpretation of the amount of light in the shot.

Here's the vanity area again, but dry this time. See, it did lighten up.  It's still a little dark in there though, but once we get some lights up it will be perfect.

The toilet room in the master bath

BEACH HOUSE!

The laundry room looking in

I swear it's the same room, just looking out.  The first picture its a better representation of what the color actually looks like in person.

Again, same color just in the office, which is in the basement. Kinda looks a little gray there.  It's not, not even a little, I promise.  It must have been the lighting again.  That first picture is really the most accurate.

 Office again

Running out of paint...yet again.

And Sherwin-Williams here we come again! We're out. One more gallon should finish this area and the closet.

Now here's the question for my followers...or anyone else who wants to put in their two cents.
Casey and I aren't sure about what to do with the ceiling in the master.  He doesn't think we should paint any part of the tray ceiling the same as the walls. He thinks it should just be ceiling white.  I've numbered the areas so you can see what I'm talking about...

First off, the wall area marked #4 will be painted a blue color and we agree that the ceiling areas, noted with #1 will remain unpainted like the rest of the house.

The debate:

He says areas marked 2 and 3 should be ceiling white. Ponder that a moment. We'll call it option 1.

I say we do one of three things...

Option 2: Areas 2 get painted the wall color (blue) and area 3 gets painted ceiling white...or...

Option 3: Area 3 gets painted blue and areas 2 get painted ceiling white.

Option 4: Paint all of areas 2 and 3 blue.

Let me know what you think. Post a comment and tell me which option you like...or heck, you can really muddle things up and throw in another option to consider. If you do that then it had better be worth it, because it will just add to my irritation with not knowing what to do with this.

And something to end on...some reptile or amphibious creature (I believe I've mentioned it in another post) has laid eggs in one of the puddles around the house.  They hatched the other day and now we have this...Casey thinks its tadpoles. I kinda think it's cool, part of living in the country... unless someone says it's unsafe in which case we'll take care of it.



Have a great Memorial Day tomorrow everyone.  Hope you've enjoyed the weekend so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews