Sunday, May 22, 2011

Bonus Post for Today

So I apparently felt like I should officially catch everyone up to the end of this weekend and I am now posting a bonus, 4th post for today.  We spent the weekend laying underlayment so we can lay tile all this week.  I took off for this so hopefully we can be productive.  Of course, we haven't got any tile at the house yet so we're on stand still until we can get some. Hopefully, our builder can work it out so that we can at least get enough to start tomorrow.

Here are the fruits of our labor for yesterday and today though.

Master shower entry, this is what I'm calling the dry zone of our walk in shower.

The rest of the master bath.

The other view of the master bath.

The kitchen.

Another view of the kitchen.

And apparently I didn't care very much about the laundry room or the second bathroom.  Oh well, trust me when I say that we also put underlayment in those rooms as well.  Long weekend.  We got to the house around 9:30am on Saturday and rolled out around 7:00pm.  A little later today, but still got there by 10:00am and got done and out of there by 5:00pm.  I think the best part of this whole thing is that we did it all without running water.  No big deal right? Wrong. Can't mix thinset without water.  So what did our ingenious builder do? He had us use the massive puddles around the house as a water source since we don't have electricity to our well pump yet. Ha. Worked like a charm.  Only down side was that we found some sort of amphibious creature's eggs in one of the puddles...kinda gross.  We might be supporting tadpole production.  And I think if I see another engorged dog tick in my house I'm going to scream and shoot the next wild dog that roams into our yard.  They have obviously been making themselves at home in the house at night and depositing all sorts of full ticks.  SO GROSS. I know I will be living in the country, but seriously...you don't understand how many we have found either squished on the floor or full on its back with its little legs trying to turn itself over with no hope of ever doing so.  Not sure when we will/should do this in the process, but I want to have a bug guy come out and just make sure the inside is free of the pests before we move in. Call me a spoiled brat, but I want my home to be as bug free as possible.

So, the next postings (who knows when that will be) will be of the tile work we get done.  Cross your fingers that we can get the tile in so I can actually make use of my week off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews