Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sheetrocked

Ok, I have been neglecting my blogging responsibilities.  It has finally caught up with me after, oh I don't know, 8 or so people asked about the house and why I haven't updated my blog...this is for you SMO FO :)

I'll do this update thing in 3 separate posts, in an attempt to mimic the actual progression of the house.  But I will post them all today.

The first post is the sheetrock.

It's up (and technically, it's mudded and textured already, but we're going to pretend that I don't know that yet!)

The garage.

The garage from the other view.

The kitchen and living room, coming in from the garage. 

The living room, viewed from the dining room, across the stairs.

The stairs from the front door side of the room.


The master bedroom ceiling.


The master bath, on the left is where the vanities will be.


Basement storage room.

Partially, sheetrocked basement.  Geez hurry up and get it done already.

I know, these are in a random order.  Here's the living room fireplace. Taken from the vantage point of half-way down the stairs.

Coming upstairs. You can see all the way to the laundry room (that's the window that you can see in this shot)

All the way up the stairs now.  To the right is the pantry, straight across is the laundry room and the partial door on the left of the laundry room is the 2nd upstairs bathroom.

A view of the vaulted ceilings. This will look much better when there is a vent cover on that air duct.

Casey enjoying life in the country from the garage.

Just a ceiling shot.  You can see all three ceiling levels that we have in the open area.  The kitchen is 8 ft, the dining room is 10 ft, and the living room is a vaulted 14 ft (I think).

Casey made me promise to post a picture of me in the house since he's in almost every post and I've yet to show up in one.

As an example of him showing up in the posts...here he is looking terrified in the upstairs bathroom.

The future nursery, or the second upstairs bedroom.

Thank goodness, they finished the basement :) That was quick! 

The office in the back corner of the basement...for some reason, Charlie really digs that window.  He keeps putting his paws up on the edge to look out.  He's gotten a spanking or two for that already and we haven't even moved in yet!  I think we broke him of it though, because (in fast forward mode) he hasn't done it again since it's been fully mudded.

A view of the future bar area (future as in really, the future, not the "pretend that hasn't happened yet but it really has "future. Maybe in a few years we might put in a bar area.)

 The view of the stairs from the basement.

The view down the stairs to the basement.

Kind of out of order again, but a view from the breakfast nook to the dining and living rooms.

I hope that satisfies you all until I can find the time to post again with updated pictures. I think we're going to sample our concrete stains soon, so be on the lookout for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews