Sunday, March 6, 2011

Showing the inlaws

This weekend turned out to be a "show the parents weekend". My mom on Friday and his parents today. We are pretty much framed in now, I think. There's still quite a bit of lumber sitting around, so I'm not sure what is left to be done as far as the framing goes, but it's pretty darn close. The roofing guy started on Friday but got run off by the rain :( I guess he was back at it on Saturday and today though cause it's about half done at this point, maybe less.

Anyway, here are the most recent visuals for you.

The front of the house...add another window though. The dining room window hasn't had the Tyvek cut away yet.

Standing at the farthest end of the nook, looking at the living room, stairs and dining room. You can see the fireplace on the other end of the living room :)

In the dining room, looking across the stairs into the living room. It's all open, no walls there.

 The view from the foyer.

The side view, including a partially covered deck. Can't wait for an evening out there watching the sunset with the hubby and Charlie.

A drive-by view. I was standing in the road where the driveway will start.

Had a meeting with the cabinet guy on Friday during the deluge of rain. We will be meeting again to make some real decisions, but I got to share some of my ideas and I should get to see some samples next weekend. The real hang up at this point is the siding. The material I want to use might just be out of reach price wise...but I don't know what to do if it is. We're waiting on one last bid before we give the go ahead on anything. Still having to consider everything because the fiber cement siding we want about twice the budgeted amount...argh. I'm trying to see if there is any room for it regardless, but the budget is getting a bit tight since from a few other unexpected overages. I don't know when I have to make that decision, but I'm dreading it because I don't know what else to do other than vinyl, yuck! We've already cut costs on the fiber cement option by not doing prepainted, and it's still too much for the budget.We'll see where else I can cut to fit it in. Stay posted, I'm sure the decision will have to be made soon. Along with appliance decisions...it's coming along though and I can't wait to move in. We spend a lot of time going out there on the weekends which isn't too comfy when its cold. I'm going to be so ready to actually LIVE there in a completed house instead of just visiting an unheated/nonplumbed set of sticks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews