Saturday, January 1, 2011

Concrete Kitchen Floors?

I've been given the go ahead to start picking flooring. Fun stuff, except that I can't find what I want. I know what I want my kitchen to look like and when I search images of example kitchens, they all have hardwood floors. No thanks. I need something less susceptible to the hazards of my kitchen work. So I'm going to have to go with stone or tile, but I've got a particular idea in my head and the tile options I'm looking at just aren't matching that wonderful picture in my head. I've seen some that are OK, but I'm not sure I'm willing to accept just OK and even those options are out of budget and the hubby is doesn't even like them so they really aren't an option.

So it has been suggested that I consider concrete floors (heated of course). So I've scoured the internet for pricing and pictures and I think I might, just might, be able to make it fit into my budget. I need to ask my builder what his knowledge of the concept is before I move. Not that his lack of knowledge would stop me, I just need to know what he knows. So I think this week I'm going to start really looking into this option. In the meantime, here are some pictures I've found to let you know what the look I'm going for will hopefully look like. And for those skeptics, here's proof that it doesn't have to look super industrial. I think it's going to be the final product choice for the kitchen at least if not the second bathroom and laundry room as well. I'll let you know what we decide!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews